1) Please make sure the color of the hair matches your natural or dyed hair on your head. It’s really tacky when it’s not. For those that are bold and want ‘un –natural’ hair colors, be realistic with your choices and consult a professional hair stylist NOT A KITCHEN STYLIST for ideas to fit your personal style. And do a full closure if it not natural looking.
2) Don’t opt for cheap hair, especially if you know darn well that you wear weave 90% of the time. Invest in quality human hair. **Speaking of hair, let’s get into texture… Keeps it natural looking. Even if you claim that you’re mixed with something whether it’s ‘Chinese-Indian-Cherokee’. Nobody can grow 5 pounds of 24 inch hair. So don’t try to jam pack 5 packs of hair on to your head. It will make you look like a furry crazed animal.
3) If you want an invisible part, please opt for an invisible part closure. Not all stylists are made equal, and to keep you from looking like a clown this is the best option. Some stylist has clients walking out with tracks showing because the spacing was too far apart and/or not sewn correctly.
**before stepping out of the salon, always check if any tracks are showing. Does my hair look bumpy and unnatural or is it flat and seamless.
4) Keep your edges tight. It makes no sense to have a kinky mini afro around your hairline, and then 18 inches of perfectly straight ‘Malaysian’ glorious locks flowing out of the middle of your head. And please, make sure your edges are the same color as your extensions. Black roots have no business with a blond weave!!!
5) Fake it ’til you make it. Wearing a weave is great when done correctly, so work it like its growing right out of your own scalp. Fling it, make it bounce a little when you walk, style it up and be Glam with it. Rock your weave so hard that no one will ever suspect that came from the store!
GlamSenseDivas is a fashion and entertainment network which covers red carpet affairs. We bring you the latest news in entertainment, fashion, and industry events. GlamSenseDivas appeals to men and women of all ages...Read more.